Good morning to you this #MotivationMonday. Sure you weekend was awesome!
Are you emotionally matured❓❗️
If you missed my session with Pharm Chewe Jaja on her Whatssap Community platform for women of purpose where I spoke on EMOTIONAL MATURITY! Then count yourself lucky to be reading this here.
I have received Lots of messages from people asking for the recap of the topic which I told them I was going to blog about soonest.
Ok now: let’s go Emotional maturity for both sex 🏃💃🏿Lol
This was how my speech on Emotional Maturity went:
In my usual habit, Firstly let’s look at the words we have in our topic…. Someone should help with the part of speech of each and the definition
Don’t mind my manners, I’m an educationist by profession! Lol
And I’m always proud to introduce myself as one because teachers are nation builders❗️💪🏻
To start with, we must note that maturity has different definition across legal, political, social, religious, intellectual, sexual, emotional, to mention but s few. I read a beat of educational psychology while in the university….
We can say Maturity is the ability to respond to the happenings in our environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive… So that is why we are learning it ✅
Ok. Simply put; emotional is an adjective while mutuality is a noun
Adjectives will always qualify a noun while adverbs will modify verb
I hope we got that…
Maturity encompasses being aware of of the correct time & place to behave, and knowing when to act. Thus; emotional maturity refers to your ability to understand, and manage your emotion❗️
I often tell people that a man/woman that has no control over his! Herself is not for to live! Take it or leave it.
I learnt from Coach Sam Obafemi at NLP training that you owe your anger- you can decide to release it or hold it👌🏽Hence, you are in charge! This enables you to create the life you desire- a life filled with happiness & fulfillment as an exceptional woman
Note: GROWTH is dynamic; it is only CHANGE that is constant, so decide to grow up and stop seeing people as being indebted to you! 😳
How can you attain Emotional Maturity?
1) Rehearse reaching your goal- I learnt on this mega platform that you have to be deliberate about everything you do! Do things because you want to not because you are forced to👌🏽
2) Set healthy boundaries -being mature means stating what is acceptable to you & what you will & will not allow!
3) Don’t assume people know what you allow- Tell them! In education, we were taught assumption is the lowest form of intelligence!
5) Learn from your mistake! Don’t allow it repeat itself- a mistake you don’t learn from will reoccur in a higher level which will hurt you more😪
I hope I am communicating… If yes, say positive😀
6) Learn to fall in love again no matter your past! Forgive yourself and move on-Fall in love for the right reason-mutual understand, however we have been told to watch out for red flag- don’t overlook anything you can’t cope with later in life now… Deal with on time❗️
I hope from today you will start working towards being emotionally mature👍
Ok now, let’s look at the the place of maturity in dealing with issues:
In the part 2 of Emotional Maturity we will be looking @ How do you know if you are Emotionally Mature? You don’t want to miss this for anything right?
Watch out for the concluding post of this topic soon. Have a blessed and emotionally mature Monday today 👍 Lol